Strategic Operations Manager
Our parent company, Bold Brands, is comprised of 2 different sock and swag-focused companies. Swag Bar helps create, ship and store cohesive swag boxes on behalf of our brand partners. And Custom Sock Lab focuses on branded, private label and logo sock swag for promotional products and wholesale clients.
Bold Brands is looking for a versatile Strategic Operations Manager who is ready to roll up their sleeves and jump in as an immediate, impactful team leader. This person will effectively be the General Manager for our promotional products businesses as well as the right hand man/woman to the CEO, ultimately taking over many of the responsibilities the CEO currently owns. As a key member of our team, you will touch every aspect of the business- you’ll help evaluate and launch new product/service opportunities, you’ll build out new processes & systems playbooks, you’ll assist in the hiring, training and managing of new team members, and more.
This person will play a critical role in shaping the future of our brands and our umbrella company, engaging with the founder on a daily basis. Our ideal candidate relishes any and all opportunities to help shape a young, rapidly growing business without an established operations manual. In other words, this person thrives in an environment where they can think critically and write the playbook themselves.
You should be equally comfortable spending an entire morning designing a new client onboarding flow and spending your afternoon engaging with our fulfillment provider to better track and stock inventory. Bonus points for expertise as a developer (i.e. writing code).
The Strategic Ops Manager is expected to be the “Glue Guy / Gal” for our business as a whole.
If you were our Strategic Ops Manager, you would have completed the following in the past few weeks:
- Created a Zapier “zap” that automatically creates a swag box fulfillment order with our warehouse upon completion of a lead form from a Fortune 500 client.
- Participated in multiple sales calls to help restructure the optimal pitch to enterprise clients
- Designed and tested a new 5-part email customer onboarding series.
- Restructured our Purchase Order creation process to make it entirely automated
- Advised the creative team on graphics and copy for 5 different landing pages for our flagship products
- Helped facilitate an online research survey with one of our ideal brand audiences.
- Engaged in a happy hour strategy session with the owner at a local brewery.
- Helped create the blueprint for a new website redesign
The best candidates will have:
- Proficiency in Google Suite of tools – from Drive to Docs to Sheets, you live and breathe collaboration.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. You have strong opinions on the oxford comma and can articulate your points clearly and concisely.
- An incredible knack for online systems and the ability to jump between platforms without losing focus. Even if you can’t code, you truly understand how different systems work together
- Exceptional organizational skills. We’re talking color-coded-sock drawer organized.
- An insane eye for detail. You sweat the small stuff and value consistency.
- A passion for ecommerce and online business as a whole. You’ll go down a rabbit hole to discover what drives a person to spend $5,000 with swag box company they only just discovered.
- Commensurate with experience.
- Ideally based in or around Charlotte, NC (or within a 3 hour drive), though remote opportunities do exist
Submit your application by completing the questionnaire found at this link:
We are always on the hunt for great people. While it’s helpful to be based in Charlotte, NC , it is not completely necessary and remote positions do exist.
If you believe you can help our organization in a meaningful way and think a hole in a great pair of socks is literally worth crying over, please don’t hesitate to reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Swag Bar Jobs.”
We’d love to hear from you!