Our parent company, Bold Brands, is comprised of 2 different product-development companies. Swag Bar helps create, ship and store cohesive swag boxes on behalf of our brand partners. And Custom Sock Lab focuses on branded, private label and logo socks for wholesale and promotional products clients. We work with both Fortune 500 brands and startups, making each project totally unique and everyday fun and varied.
Bold Brands is searching for a versatile graphic designer to join our team. This person will play a critical role in shaping the future of our brands and our umbrella company, engaging with the founder on a daily basis. Our ideal candidate lives and breathes brand standards while working quickly and efficiently across various mediums. Fluent in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop – you’re the person who will be designing everything from trade show displays to new product packaging to web banners. You should be equally comfortable spending an entire morning engaged in deep design work and spending your afternoon engaging directly with clients via phone and email. Bonus points for photography and/or eCommerce expertise.
The Graphic Design Associate will be expected to have a hand in nearly every aspect of our young and growing company. Your goal is to be the chief visual storyteller for our brands.
If you were our Graphic Design Associate, you would have completed the following in the past few weeks:
• Developed 15 new sock concepts for custom clients like Ford, AT&T and the Salvation Army
• Brainstormed 3 new social media campaigns in accordance with our quarterly marketing calendar
• Created 4 infographics to be used on product pages
• Created email templates for a new 6-part email customer welcome series
• Blocked out a trade show display for an upcoming roadshow
• Created a 10-page brand catalog for distributor partners
• Helped facilitate an online research survey with one of our ideal brand audiences
• Engaged in a happy hour strategy session with the owner at a local brewery
• Resized 30 product photos to be used on a new website
• Participated in a photoshoot at a local park
• Helped create the blueprint for a new website redesign
• 2-5 years experience working in a client-side or agency role
• Expert-level fluency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Bonus points for Lightroom, Premiere, After Effects, etc
• A background in branding and an appreciation for a cohesive look and feel. You love a curated Instagram feed
• Knowledge of digital and printed graphic design. You know your way around bleed lines and pixel counts
• A knack for online systems and the ability to jump between platforms without losing focus
• A true love of design. You dream about hex codes and have an all-time favorite font
• Exceptional organizational skills. We’re talking color-coded-sock drawer organized
• You have an Extraordinary Attention to Detail. You proofread important emails and re-read them once sent just to make sure they were typo-free. You rarely forget things. You take notes during calls. You love lists. Some people might call you “anal,” but you don’t care because those people are just sloppy and jealous of how on top of it you are. But seriously, you’re insanely detail-oriented
• A curiosity about e-commerce. You are interested in what drives a consumer to spend $100 of their hard-earned money with a brand they only just discovered
We are always on the hunt for great people. While it’s helpful to be based in Charlotte, NC , it is not completely necessary and remote positions do exist.
If you believe you can help our organization in a meaningful way and think a hole in a great pair of socks is literally worth crying over, please don’t hesitate to reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Swag Bar Jobs.”
We’d love to hear from you!