We are thrilled to announce that this month we took one more step towards our sustainability mission of cleaning up our world’s waterways by entering into a partnership with the Ocean Blue Project.
Our main sustainability goal is to become net neutral in the creation of our swag boxes. That means for each pound of products we create, we will remove an equivalent amount of trash from the world. Having a partner that believes in and takes action in the same mission will allow us to make an even larger impact!
“By 2050 there will be more plastic in the Ocean than fish.”
— Ocean Blue Project
Ocean Blue Project
If you haven’t heard of Ocean Blue Project, allow us to introduce you. They are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit environmental organization that focuses on recovering ocean plastics to keep our marine wildlife safe.
Ocean Blue Project has a perfectly good acronym that explains their core values and the passion that backs those values:
- Optimism — Stay positive and solution-oriented in all we say and do.
- Collaboration — Work with people from all walks of life to fulfill a vision that unites us all: to protect and to restore our waterways and our One World Ocean.
- Equality — Address the needs of all animals and human beings equally, without bias, in pursuit of a common good.
- Action — Put impact at the center of everything and limit salaries to best serve the evolving needs of people and wildlife.
- Nobility — Let our mission, vision, and Code of Ethics guide our every action, and continually seek to do the right thing.
“Our goal is to remove one pound of trash from the world for every pound of products we bring into the world.”
— Swag Bar’s sustainability mission
We are extremely excited about this partnership with Ocean Blue Project because we know their actions speak louder than words:
- They have recovered over 192,000 pounds of plastic from our oceans since 2012.
- Partnerships with other companies to up-cycle plastics are top of mind. They have turned plastics into buttons, skateboards, shampoo bottles, and more.
- They offer community clean up programs — you can volunteer or host your own clean up event with family and friends.
- And last but not least, they partner with companies like ours to make a larger impact. Because nothing great is ever accomplished alone.
“Let’s save our One World Ocean.”
— Ocean Blue Project
If you are interested in joining the fight to save our oceans, contact Ocean Blue Project: