Chances are, you know that employee swag is a way for you to connect with your workers and express gratitude. But what you may not know is just how beneficial giving swag to your workforce can be. From increasing productivity, morale, and retention to helping grow brand awareness – there are so many reasons to invest in company swag. But this is where things start to get a bit tricky…what makes good swag? What do your employees actually want – and how can you give it to them?
If you’re looking for the top employee swag ideas to help grow your business, you’re in luck. In this in-depth guide, we’ll cover the top options companies have in 2022. The best part? All the ideas we share with you today satisfy the three pillars of what makes “good” swag: unique, practical, and high-quality goods are all you’ll find down below!
But, before we unveil our recommendations for the top swag ideas for employees, we want to go over some basic information to help you get the most out of this strategy. First things first – the benefits you’ll attain by investing in swag for your employees.
How These Cool Swag Ideas for Employees Can Take Your Company to New Heights
Once you’ve given swag a chance and seen what it can do for your company, you’ll know you made the right business decision. However, as of right now, you still might be a bit skeptical. As cool & practical as they may be, how are you going to actually benefit from employee swag ideas? There are a number of benefits that come along with giving employee swag. The most common ones include:
- Boosting employee morale – The most obvious benefit is your employees will be happier in the office. Who doesn’t feel a bit of serotonin boost when they receive a gift? Giving your employees swag shows them you truly care and appreciate what they do. This also lowers employee turnover – so you spend less time and resources replacing workers. Moreover, happy employees lead to the next point – increased productivity in the workplace.
- Increasing employee productivity – It’s been shown companies with a swag process in place experience higher workplace productivity. and really, this makes sense when you think about it. Studies have shown that serotonin boosts lead to increased focus. But when you stick with the practical ideas we recommend, there’s a deeper reason for the increased productivity. Many of the ideas down below will help your workforce perform at a higher level – while also boosting efficiency.
- Increased brand awareness – Finally, cool swag ideas for employees – like speakers, clothing, beach items, and other stuff they’ll actually use – helps increase brand awareness. Think about it like this – when you take the time to actually find the right swag for your employees, you can rest assured they’ll use it. And because those items are branded with your logo, your company gets put in front of more eyes.
Each one of these benefits is essential for any business – big or small. After all, a productive, happy, and cohesive workforce is the key to success in any industry! And if you can increase brand awareness at the same time? All the more reason to invest in swag. Because employee gifts are tax deductible, you can help lower your tax burden too. If you want to learn more reasons to give employees gifts, take a look at our related blog post. But for now, let’s talk about what you should look for when planning this strategy out in your own company.
What to Consider When Seeking the Best Employee Swag Ideas:
We touched on this a bit earlier, but what should you consider when seeking the best employee swag ideas? From intern gift ideas to new hire gift ideas, the best company swag ideas in general – regardless of use – all exhibit the following characteristics:
- They’re unique & cool – so the recipient actually appreciates and uses them, fulfilling the intended purpose of swag in the first place.
- They’re practical – so the recipient truly benefits from receiving them. If the item is cool – but not all that practical – it won’t deliver the results you’re hoping for. Finding items that are both cool and practical isn’t easy – but we’re here to help.
- They’re high-quality – the last thing you want is for your company to be associated with “low-quality goods”. But if you skimp on quality for your swag, that’s exactly what will happen. Your employees will gain the impression that cutting corners is ok sometimes. Moreover, you won’t get the true value from the investment if the swag item doesn’t last long enough to deliver an ROI.
The best way to find unique, cool, practical, and most importantly, high-quality swag ideas you can depend on is to stick with the best corporate gifting company in the industry: Swag Bar. Whether this is your first leap into the swag world or you’re interested in stepping up employee swag and going all in – we’re here to help you make your goals a reality.
The Best Employee Swag Ideas for Companies of All Types
Have you ever wondered to yourself – what is a good gift for employees at my company? You’re about to find out! In this section, we’ll talk about the best swag ideas for employees – no matter the occasion, no matter your swag budget. Whether you’re doing end-of-year gifts, need prizes for a challenge in the office, or simply want to say thank you after a great month – here are our picks. We’re going to start off with a few awesome swag boxes containing a collection of themed items.
This is one of our most popular, cool swag ideas for employees. It’s as practical as it gets, too, as it directly improves employee performance with useful, functional goods. Meanwhile, it also includes a few essentials to increase employee morale! What more could you ask for in a swag box? Here are a few of the highlights:
- Hawthoria Planter
- Notebook & Pens
- Water bottle
- and more!
Even if your employees don’t work in a traditional office setting, chances are, they spend their day immersed in technology. We all do. The fact of the matter is that technology is here to stay. And you can lean into it with our Tech Lover swag box. This is far and away the coolest swag idea for employees we have for you. Some of the gadgets we’ve curated for this one are jaw-dropping! Not only are these cool swag ideas for employees – but they will certainly improve workplace morale and productivity, too. Many of these items can even be used outside of the office – making them great swag giveaway ideas in general. These are some of our favorite items in this pack:
- Phone charger & stand
- Blue light blocking glasses
- Key finder
- Wireless speaker
- Webcam cover
- Power bank
- and more!
Whether your company is focused on sustainability or not, we can all agree that striving to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle is important. And, chances are, many of your employees have a similar mindset. That’s why our Keep it Green swag box is so awesome. It allows you to offer cool, practical swag to your workforce without compromising on your values. All the items in this pack are carefully crafted from sustainable or recycled materials – so you and your employees can feel good about it! Here are a few of the noteworthy items:
- Recycled T-shirt & Merino wool socks
- Bamboo pens
- Bamboo coasters
- Wheat-straw coffee mug
- Recycled tumbler bottle
- and more!
Don’t have time to come up with any sort of unique, quirky, or off-the-wall swag ideas? We know you’ve got a lot on your plate – and this is just one of your many responsibilities. Don’t sweat it. Our No Thought Required swag box is right up your alley. It contains what we’ve found to be the most well-received, practical swag ideas for employees. While this pack may not produce audible gasps of excitement, it’s curated with the highest-quality goods and as functional as it gets. In our opinion, it’s the most useful employee gift you can give. Here are some of the main players:
- Notebook & pens
- Coffee mug
- and more!
We likely don’t have to remind you of the role that fresh air and sunlight play in your employees’ mental health and overall well-being. If they work in an office, they spend a lot of their day indoors and surrounded by artificial light. Why not give them a gift that encourages them to get outside and enjoy some of what nature has to offer? Our Spring Picnic swag box is a cool swag ideas for employees because it offers an actual experience. They’ll absolutely love it – because it contains everything they need to have a picnic with their favorite coworkers, friends, or family members! This swag pack includes:
- Custom zippered cooler bag
- Travel wine tumblers (and wine sleeve to protect the bottle!)
- Fleece picnic blanket
- Games to play
- Snacks to eat
- And more!
Want to Explore Individual Employee Swag Ideas?
The ideas we’ve shared above are our recommendations for anyone seeking cool swag ideas for employees. These ideas are great because they go far above and beyond the typical t-shirt or office supplies. However, if you want to buy a large quantity of a certain swag item in bulk – or you want to build your own swag box – we can help with that, too. We have a wide range of individual swag ideas for your employees – here are the top categories available on our site:
- Food & beverage
- Writing & pens
- Tech supplies
- Other miscellaneous goods
As you can see, the possibilities are endless when it comes to providing your employees with useful, cool swag that they’ll actually appreciate and use. So, what are you waiting for? Head over to the site and get the process started today. Keep reading to the end to learn how it works – and why more and more companies are partnering with us for all their swag or corporate gifting needs.
Wrapping up Our Review of the Most Practical, Cool Swag Ideas for Employees
As you can see, there are employee swag ideas for every type of company – no matter your industry or budget. If you’re looking for more great ideas, be sure to check out the rest of our blog or contact us today for help curating the perfect employee swag boxes for your team! From promotional gift boxes to new hire welcome boxes, client gift boxes, and of course, employee swag boxes – we’ve got it all. When you partner with Swag Bar through this process, you gain peace of mind knowing you’re in the most capable hands. Our reputation speaks for itself – there’s a reason our clients always come back for more and more! Here’s how it works:
First, pick your pack – either from the options we shared above, or create your own. We also have a few other pre-curated swag boxes on our site that we didn’t discuss. They’re definitely worth checking out! Once you’ve found your swag pack, you can describe your vision and fill out our order questionnaire. At that point, your work is done – we handle the rest, bringing your vision to life so you can meet your swag goals – no matter what they may be. Ready to get started?